- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 peeled and cubed potato
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup watercress
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- cream optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add 1 peeled and cubed potato, and 1 chopped onion of choice.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock and 2 1/2 cups of milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 1/2 cup watercress leaves and simmer uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Slowly transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the cooking pot, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and season to taste. If desired, serve with a dollop of cream.
copyright 2015 Your Weight Loss Rx